Private shore excursion
Duration 7 hours
When we were putting together this day trip from Tallinn, we visited different historical manors to the west. At one point, towards the end of the day, we were feeling quite doubtful: “But what if this program has too much history?”
Maybe so, maybe not. One thing is for sure – we will not be boring you with hundreds of dates and dry facts. The day is going to be diverse and include numerous stops in places with beautiful scenery. The program naturally includes a tour of Tallinn– especially the Old Town. We think that what you see in the Old Town can be fully appreciated only when contrasted with rural life. As it might have been in the past – and as it is today.
What can be expected from this tour?
– Visits to two carefully restored manors (exterior visits)
– One of the most beautiful waterfalls in Estonia and the surrounding area
– The extremely well-preserved ruins of the Padise Monastery from the 14th century
– Panoramic drive through a small typical town
– A quick tour of the most recently developed districts of Tallinn that we pass through on the way
– A guided walk in Tallinn Old Town with its main sights
Türisalu cliff; Keila-Joa waterfall, castle and park; ruins of Padise Monastery; Padise Manor House; National Library; Toompea Castle; Dome Church; Alexander Nevsky Cathedral; Viewing platform; Fat Margaret Tower; Great Guild Hall; Long Leg street; Short Leg street; town wall; Town Hall and the Town Hall Square; Town Council´s Pharmacy; St. Catherine’s Passage, Viru Gates
Duration 7 hours:
00:00-00:05 greet and meet at cruise harbor
00:05-00:30 drive from Tallinn to the countryside
00:30-05:15 tour in the countryside with several stops and lunch
05:15-06:45 Tallinn Old Town walking tour
06:45-07:00 drive back to cruise harbor
€420 for a group of 1-2 people
€440 for a group of 3-5 people
€520 for a group of 6-7 people
All stated prices are per private group, not per person.
– Pick-up at the cruise harbor
– Private English speaking tour guide
– Private transportation with professional driver
Optional entrance fees and food & drinks are not included.
We will make a lunch stop in a cosy eatery in Keila town, before heading back to Tallinn. It will take place approx. 3.5 hours from the beginning of the tour. Lunch is not included in tour price, salads and soups range from 3.5-5 euros and main courses from 6-13 euros.
Are you interested in this day trip from Tallinn in German? Please check it out: Gutshöfe im Westen von Tallinn und Highlights der Altstadt
We wish you a fascinating Baltic Sea cruise and look forward to seeing you in the summer!